Please follow the following guidelines when submitting your entry:
- The topic should be very simple and direct. It should cover one topic only.
- Your code should use latest ColdFusion functionality whenever possible.
- For blocks of code, surround them with <code> and </code> tags.
- Tags should include a < and > and be in camel case. Example: <cfdirectory newDirectory="...." >)
- Functions should also be in camel case and should include (). Example: result = fileExists(...)
- Yes, some entries here do not follow the standard. We will fix it... soon.
To submit new content, file a PR against the repository at
- title: The title of your entry
- published: The current date in the form, "October 19, 2021"
- author: Your name
- authorwebsite: URL for your homepage/blog/etc
- categories: One or more categories that should, typically, match existing [categories](/categories).
- permalink: Of the form: entries/"file safe version of the title".html
- entryid: A unique ID used for Disqus integration. Older entries use an old database PK. New ones should just use the file slug from the permalink
Note - we have a lot of older content here. If something should be removed completely, I'll accept a PR for that as well.